Bowdoin Hunger Games Tribute Manual
In its entirety:
2nd Annual Bowdoin Hunger Games
Entering your Name for Reaping:
1. If you wish to participate in the Hunger Games, you must send your name firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Each residence hall (District) will be represented by one male and one female tribute
3. You must VOLUNTEER for the Hunger Games.
4. You will have until September 22nd at midnight to submit your name.
Reaping Ceremony: September 23rd, 2012
1. Location: Daggett Lounge (Thorne Dining Hall)
2. Time: 6:00 p.m
3. Reaping will occur in Daggett Lounge
4. If you are a possible tribute you must wear semi-formal attire.
5. All selected tributes must be in Daggett for announcements.
Tributes’ Responsibilities in Week Prior to Hunger Games:
1. Tributes will have one week to “prepare” for the Hunger Games.
2. Tributes will have the week to obtain sponsors
a. This is an opportunity for tributes for gain extra “lives” for the Hunger Games.
b. Tributes can receive a sponsorship from any person (student, faculty or staff) at Bowdoin.
i. A sponsorship is a $1
ii. Tribute will receive one dollar and ask sponsor to fill out “Sponsor Form”
1. Sponsor Form Requires: Name, Tribute Sponsored and Signature
iii. No non-participants may sponsor more than one tribute.
1. Tributes are responsible for making sure the person has not sponsored anyone else.
iv. Tributes can obtain up to a maximum of 10 sponsors
1. Tributes start with one “life”, can gain a maximum five extra “lives” for a total of six.
1. Prizes for individual winner(s).
2. Trophy for winning residence district.
3. Victory banner for winning district.
4. Celebration Party for winning district.
5. Glory for themselves and their district.
vi. All sponsor money will go to charity: Mid-Coast Hunger Prevention Program.(http://www.mchpp.org/)
3. Tributes will have opportunity to “train” for games.
a. Practice for Hunger Games will occur on dates TBD on Main Quad.
i. Practice using weapons
ii. Greater understanding of game rules
iv. Getting to know other tributes.
The Hunger Games: September 30th, 2012
1. Location: Main Quad
2. Time: 4 p.m.
a. When the bell rings its final ring…THE GAMES BEGIN.
3. Rules of the Games
a. Tributes will form a circle around the Main Quad
b. Tributes will wear identification labels
i. Includes: Name, District and number of lives.
ii. Print labels and attach with safety pin. A la marathon style.
b. Tributes must bring their sponsor money and forms to preparation table in front of museum steps.
c. How to “kill” another tribute.
i. By eliminating their number of indicated lives in battle through the use of weapons.
d. The Weapons: Nerf balls, Dodge balls, Water Balloons.
i. Nerf Ball
1. If you hit another tribute with this weapon, you challenge that tribute to a game of rock, paper, scissors.
a. If you win, you have taken one life from that tribute.
b. If you lose, they have defended themselves and you must move away from each other and engage another tribute.
2. If both tribute hits each other with this weapon, then whoever loses rock, paper, scissors will lose a life.
ii. Dodge Ball
1. If hit with a dodge ball, the tribute will lose one life.
2. If both tributes hit each other with a dodge ball, then both tributes lose one life.
iii. Water Balloon
1. If hit with a water balloon, the tribute will lose two lives.
2. If both tributes hit each other with a dodge ball, then both tributes lose two lives.
iv. If tributes hit each other with different weapons, the stronger weapon will take precedence.
v. A tribute may not hold more than one weapon at a time.
vi. Tributes may not attack other tributes that are in a rock, scissor, paper battle.
vii. Tributes may not attack other tributes that are being checked by a Gamemaker.
i. When a tribute has a life/lives taken, the tribute must raise one hand and wait until a Gamemaker comes over.
1. The tribute must tell the Gamemaker how many lives they have lost.
2. The Gamemaker will mark an X on the arm to indicate a life lost.
3. When the Gamemaker has finished, the tribute may reenter the battle.
4. The tribute who took the life, does not have to wait for the Gamemaker to finish and may continue in the battle.
ii. When a tribute has exhausted all indicated lives on their identification label, the tribute has died.
1. Then tribute must leave the battlefield and walk towards the Museum steps.
2. Tribute must check-in with Gamemaker at table.
i. ResLife staff members will be wearing their green staff shirts to indicate that they are Gamemakers.
ii. Can influence the game.
1. Can randomly attack and take lives of “hiding” or “non-participating” tributes.
2. Tributes may not retaliate in any way against Gamemakers.
g. At no time should there be any intentional physical contact between tributes
h. No headshots allowed.
i. All participants must help with cleanup.
TRIBUTES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING THE RULES OF THE GAME. IGNORANCE WILL NOT BE AN EXCUSE DURING THE HUNGER GAMES. IF A TRIBUTE IS CAUGHT CHEATING BY A GAMEMAKER, THE COST WILL BE ONE LIFE FOR EVERY SUCH INFRACTION.
The Gamemakers reserve the right to amend the rules of the Game at any time in the present, or future.